For information concerning ongoing ranger programs through the National Park System, please click here.
- 2017 Events Calendar
- Sleeping Bear Gallery 2017 Artist Reception
- Empire Hill Climb Revival - September 16th 2017
- Empire Hops Festival - October 7th 2017
- Local Artisan Holiday Market - November 25th 2017
- Roy Taghon Memorial Snowmobile Drag Race - Jan 21st 2017
- Winterfest - Feb 18th 2017
- Asparagus Festival - May 19-20 2017
- Leelanau Women Artists Exhibit & Sale 23rd , 24th & 25th June
- Anchor Day - July 14-15 2017
- Ranger Programs at Sleeping Bear
May 19th-20th 2017
July 15th 2017
Empire Hill Climb Revival
September 16th 2017
Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail
The new section of the Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail from the Dune Climb to Empire is OPEN. More work will be done on the trail over the next few weeks, including new directional and way-finding signs that will be installed by Friends of Sleeping Bear Dunes volunteers.
This section of the trail is really beautiful as it winds through the forest and up & down hills. Speaking of hills - there are some big ones! So be prepared to give your legs a workout on the way up and use your brakes on the way down! The trail is now 10 miles long and connects the village of Glen Haven with Empire.